The best way to utilize cookware is by taking them for a spin of your stove, and what’s better than just a spin? A mouth-watering one!
This spiced chicken, spinach, and sweet potatoes stew is perfect to make in your Falez saucepan, so let’s get right to it.
3 sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
1 tbsp sunflower oil
8 skinned and deboned chicken thighs
500ml chicken stock
2 chopped onions
1 chopped red chili pepper
1 tsp paprika
thumb-sized piece of grated ginger
400g can tomatoes
2 preserved, deseeded and chopped lemons
Toasted pumpkin seeds, toasted
4 warmed naan bread
Now that we’re done with the gathering, get your Falez Saucepan ready for some action with these 5 simple steps:
- Start by putting the sweet potato in your large, deep Falez Saucepan over a high heat. Cover with boiling water and let them boil for 10 minutes, while you take all the paste ingredients and put them in a food processor and blend them until they are finely chopped, then let them rest ‘til their time comes.
- Place the spinach in a large colander in the sink and pour the sweet potatoes and their cooking water over it to drain the potatoes and wilt the spinach at the same time. Leave to steam-dry.
- Return the saucepan to the heat (there’s no need to wash it), then add the oil, followed by the spice paste. Fry the paste for about 5 minutes until it thickens, then add the chicken. Fry for 8-10 minutes until the chicken starts to color. Pour over the stock, bring to the boil and stir occasionally while it simmers for about 10 minutes.
- Check that the chicken is cooked by cutting into one of the pieces and making sure there’s no signs of pink in its white. Season with black pepper, then add the sweet potato. Leave to simmer for a further 5 minutes. Meanwhile, roughly chop the spinach and add to the stew.
- Scatter over the pumpkin seeds and preserved lemons, and serve with warm naan bread on the side.
And that’s one yummy ride in the Falez Saucepan, that you’ll surely enjoy.